Please read below cancellation policy and price changes suggested by the NDIA and like other providers BCD are choosing to implement them for these reasons.
From the 25th March if you do need to cancel a service and you have no other options for ways in which we can provide you services, then you will need to provide 10 business days’ notice to avoid the Cancellation Fee. Please note that this cancellation fees will now be charged at 100% of the service cost and will be charged to your NDIS package.
BCD will use this cancellation charge to pay the wages to workers who would have provided services to you or your family member during those 10 days. This maintains some income for where we may not be able to offer them alternative shifts.
From 30 March, there is a 10% price increase for the following support categories:
- Category 1 – Daily Activities
- Category 4 – Social, Civic and Community Participation
- Category 15 – Improved Daily Living
These changes are temporary for the next 6 months and are included in the revised NDIS Price Guide.
Other key changes by the NDIS in response to COVID-19 include:
- Plans will no longer end and be automatically extended for 365 days. You do not need to do anything. The funding remains the same and there will be no gaps between plans
- If you don’t have support coordination in your plan, you can now use some of your core funding to engage a support coordinator to help you. This might be helpful to navigate all your supports at this time.